Monday 4 July 2016

Post Camp reflection

Today the year 8s invited the BOT to come and hear about how much they had learnt from camp, and how this has been reflected in the leadership teams that have developed this term. They spoke clearly, sharing their thoughts and experiences.

This is Hollie's contribution.

This story is about what I learnt about myself on camp.

When I was on camp I learnt a few new things about myself that were quite interesting and I didn’t even know about. This camp has helped me learn and take on new leadership roles and has also helped me look at myself and learn something new about myself I never knew before.


I learnt that I have a few leadership roles that I seem to do when I’m in a group, I’m an encourager in a team and encourage my teammates, I can also be a leader of the team and take the reins if I need to, I’m also a helper or worker and happily do a job that needs to be done.


I also learnt that I don’t like being silent and sitting in one place for a long period of time, another thing I learnt about myself is that I’m not that comfortable being in high places, I found this out when I was at camp doing the high ropes challenge and I was really scared when I was on one of the highest courses, when I was doing the high ropes challenge I kind of realised that I have a bit of a problem trusting people. One more thing I learned is that I CAN handle the eco toilets and that they are not as bad as I thought.

I think this camp has really helped me to find out more of what I do that I didn’t even know I do and I think every year eight should go to this leadership camp because if you actually put your mind to it, it can really help you with everything like leadership,confidence,learn stuff that you didn’t know about yourself,and could possibly change your whole attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.