Tuesday 6 September 2016

The Final Percentage

The Final Percentage

My phone is my life, literally. How our world works is at the age of 20 we get a special chip put into our arm that starts at 100%. Every day the percentage goes down by one. So basically, when we turn 20 we have 100 days left to live. It connects to our phone via an app that goes by the name of Control. It helps us keep track of how many days we have left to live. At about 10% you start getting sicker and get put into the hospital of life which takes care of you until your final day.

One day I was sitting in the living room watching the news with my younger brother when something really caught my attention. The woman on the T.V said that someone had hacked into the chips on every 20 year old's arm and made it so the percentage goes down twice as fast! The hackers had changed the passcode so no one else could access the chips to revert them back. In my mind I was freaking out but didn’t want to alarm my younger brother. That night when I was up late checking my emails I found something that could change everything.

It was a clue from the hackers! It read, the first letters of our names correspond to the numbers you gave. I stayed up all night researching to try and find the hackers names. As I was researching I thought to myself that this clue they gave me could be the passcode to access the chips. I kept looking and found out the hackers names were Ezra, Jim, Sally and Tyler. Then I started joining the letters up with the numbers. For example, A=1 B=2 C=3 and so on. So E=5, J=10, S=19 and T=20. I emailed Control and asked them how many numbers the passcode was, they replied back with 7. So I sent them back the 7 digit code that I discovered, 5101920.

As a result they emailed back saying that the code had worked and thanking me over and over again. When I scrolled down past the thank yous I saw a final part to the email. It said that they were going to remove the chip from my arm until I was 60. I jumped up and down with tears of joy running down my face. After they came round and removed my chip I had my dinner and went to bed grateful for the extra 40 years I had been given.

By Neco

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.